Capture adventures in mind-blowing footage.
The GoPro HERO6 Black with SD Card lets you forget antiquated action cams that captured jittery, nausea-inducing footage the minute you start shooting. This particular HERO6 Black is bundled with a 32GB SanDisk Extreme microSD card, so you can record adventures before transferring the footage to your smartphone, tablet, or computer via the camera's Wi-Fi connection.
When GoPro first announced its launch of the newest HERO6 Black, it didn't seem like the new offering would offer a drastic change in performance, since the previous HERO5 Black basically set the standard for capturing action sports in mind-blowing clarity, especially with its higher frame rates to smooth out the playback. Well, it turns out the differences are drastic.
The Hero 6 Black does away with the previous camera's Ambarella processor, opting for a GP1 processor that packs twice the performance for even smoother playback of HD formats, ranging from 4K at 60fps on the high end, to 1080p at 240fps on the lower end. Higher frame rates are essential to achieving the silky-smooth playback of fast-paced action sports, which are notorious for being caffeine-jittery affairs when viewed at lower frame rates. Other upgrades include the ability to capture HDR photos, plus the addition of 5 GHz Wi-Fi for uploading footage three times faster than the previous HERO5 Black.
- HERO6 Black with 32GB SanDisk Extreme microSD card
- GP1 processor packs 2x the performance as HERO5 Black
- Higher frame rates for silky-smooth playback of HD video
- Advanced video stabilization eliminates jittery footage
- Shoots 12 megapixel photos in both RAW and HDR formats
- 5 GHz Wi-Fi uploads footage 3x faster to smartphones
- QuikStories automatically uploads and edits footage
- Two-inch touchscreen display for intuitive operation
- Item #GOP006V