|4500 Pocket Weather Tracker|
For years our customers have been asking for wind direction along with wind speed. The Kestrel 4500 does just that with its built in digital compass. But it doesn't stop there. It also calculates crosswind and headwind/tailwind with reference to a user-set target heading, and stores the information along with all the other environmental readings in its 1400 data point memory.
Pair the 4500 Wind Meter with the Kestrel Vane Mount and you have a data-logging weather station that sets up in seconds and rotates in the slightest of breezes. Did we mention that the whole kit is the ultimate in portability? It packs down into a 2 x 6 inch pouch and weighs under 8 ounces.
Available in the NV Configuration
Military personnel and pilots flying in darkness are often concerned with preserving their night vision. Due to overwhelming demand from our military customers, the Kestrel NV line was added in 2005.
The Kestrel 4500NV is available with an Olive Drab case or a Desert Tan case. The unit has a night-vision preserving backlight which helps users to sustain natural night vision. The NV's backlight incorporates an optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. Additionally, NV backlights are also much dimmer than a standard backlight, making it more difficult to detect with the naked eye in night operations. This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not red, and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment. It takes 30 to 45 minutes for the average eye to adapt to darkness and maximize night vision. Even a short burst of white, yellow, green or blue light "bleaches out" the rod cell photoreceptors in the eye and causes night blindness until the entire adaptation process can take place again. Light in the red spectrum does not cause this "bleaching out", preventing night blindness and night vision fatigue.
Kestrel Family Virtual Tour Kestrel Family Virtual TourKestrel Family Virtual Tour
Kestrel 4500 Measures
* Heading (true & magnetic)
* Wind direction
* Pressure trend
* Barometric pressure
* Wet bulb temperature
* Relative humidity in %
* Heat stress index
* Wet bulb temperature
* Density altitude
* Wind chill
* Air, water, and snow temperature F or C
* Current, average, and maximum air velocity
Kestrel 4500 Features
* Waterproof and floats
* Time and date
* Easy- to-read backlit display
* Data Logger (automatic and manual)
* Customizable data storage - 2900 data points
* Minimum, Maximum and Average values
* Multi-Function 3-line display
* Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
* Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
* Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
* Graph and recall trends
* User-replaceable impeller
* Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
* Data charting
* Upload to a computer (with optional interface)
* Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
* US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074 * 5-year warranty
* Assembled in the USA
Kestrel 4500 Includes
* Soft carry pouch
* Neck lanyard
* Batteries - 2 AAA
* Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
Kestrel Weather Meters with integrated Bluetooth technology offer the ultimate in portable and accurate environmental data. A complete, hand-held weather station- measure and log numerous critical environmental conditions; wind speed, wind direction, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, altitude, density altitude, wet bulb, dewpoint and more.
Now, both real-time and logged data can be transferred wirelessly and automatically to a laptop or PDA, making a Kestrel 4000 series weather meter the perfect tool for virtually any job that requires quick and reliable weather data.
Bluetooth wireless technology is available throughout the entire Kestrel 4000 series, including specialty Kestrel units.
Break Boundaries with Kestrel Bluetooth.
Kestrel Pocket Weather Meters have specifically customized our Bluetooth integration to answer the unique needs of our customers:
* Streamline your work and reduce your equipment in the field - wireless data transmission eliminates the need for a separate interface and cabling.
* Every Bluetooth Kestrel will include custom communication software designed to quickly and easily configure your data transmission frequency, download logged data, graph data, and transfer data to other applications.
* Data transmission range adjustment allows you to maximize power to communicate with your Kestrel at up to a 30 feet range, or reduce power for closer, more secure operation.
* Individual unit ID's ensure you pair with the Kestrel you want, even when more than one system is operating in the same area.
* Permanently coded unique 4-digit Pin numbers provide extra security when pairing and transmitting data