|4300 Construction Weather Tracker|
The new Kestrel 4300 Construction Weather Tracker measures and displays evaporation rate - a function of relative humidity, temperature and wind speed. Evaporation rate is a critical environmental indicator that concrete contractors use to ensure they avoid plastic shrinkage cracks in concrete installations especially concrete flatwork. Plastic shrinkage cracks occur when the surface of the concrete dries too quickly and shrinks before the bed has cured enough to resist cracking. This is especially relevant in specialty applications like decorative concrete, Ready Mix Concrete (RCM) and Tilt-up concrete.
Helps Prevent Plastic Shrinkage Cracks
Plastic shrinkage cracks can be prevented by properly assessing the weather and the fresh concrete conditions. Previously, construction contractors used a Kestrel Meter to measure the relevant conditions, then referenced an American Concrete Institute chart to calculate the evaporation rate. The new Kestrel 4300 Construction Weather Tracker does the work for them! The user simply enters the concrete temperature (obtained via an infrared thermometer or probe thermometer*) and the 4300 calculates the evaporation rate instantly. In addition to evaporation rate, the Kestrel 4300 remains the perfect rugged all-purpose construction weather tool, measuring and logging the following relevant weather conditions right where the workers and equipment are operating.
For maximum accuracy when measuring the evaporation rate:
1. Measure the concrete temperature via an infrared or probe thermometer
2. Enter the concrete temperature into the Kestrel
3. Position the unit facing into the wind, 20 inches above the concrete
4. Shade the Kestrel's thermistor (temperature sensor) so it is not in direct sunlight
For the best accuracy, use the Kestrel's convenient averaging mode to average the evaporation rate over the recommended 6-10 seconds.
Documents Work Conditions
Many construction applications require documentation of conditions, which is quick and easy with the Kestrel PC Interface and accompanying software. Use the 4300's 1800 data-point log to document that work was done during the appropriate conditions, then upload the data to a PC with the Kestrel PC Interface. The Kestrel Communicator software makes long-term storage, in-depth analysis and detailed charting of stored data a breeze.
Kestrel Mini Tripod
Kestrel's Mini Tripod is a great companion for the 4300-it measures 15 inches tall, positioning the Kestrel 4300 20 inches above the concrete, which is ideal for measuring the conditions that contribute to plastic shrinkage cracks.
Every Kestrel is individually calibrated to NIST-traceable standards and comes with a free Certificate of Conformity. Individual NIST certificates and recalibration are also available.
Kestrel 4300 Features
* Waterproof and floats
* Backlight for low light conditions
* Data logger (automatic and manual)
* Customizable data storage - 3600 data points
* Multi-Function 3-line display
* Convenient averaging mode
* Data charting
* Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
* User-replaceable impeller
* Flip-top impeller cover
* Upload to a computer (with optional interface)
* Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
* US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
* 5-year warranty
* Assembled in the USA
Kestrel 4300 Includes
* Soft carry pouch
* Neck lanyard
* Batteries - 2 AAA
* Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
Kestrel Weather Meters with integrated Bluetooth technology offer the ultimate in portable and accurate environmental data. A complete, hand-held weather station- measure and log numerous critical environmental conditions; wind speed, wind direction, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, altitude, density altitude, wet bulb, dewpoint and more.
Now, both real-time and logged data can be transferred wirelessly and automatically to a laptop or PDA, making a Kestrel 4000 series weather meter the perfect tool for virtually any job that requires quick and reliable weather data.
Bluetooth wireless technology is available throughout the entire Kestrel 4000 series, including specialty Kestrel units.
Break Boundaries with Kestrel Bluetooth.
Kestrel Pocket Weather Meters have specifically customized our Bluetooth integration to answer the unique needs of our customers:
* Streamline your work and reduce your equipment in the field - wireless data transmission eliminates the need for a separate interface and cabling.
* Every Bluetooth Kestrel will include custom communication software designed to quickly and easily configure your data transmission frequency, download logged data, graph data, and transfer data to other applications.
* Data transmission range adjustment allows you to maximize power to communicate with your Kestrel at up to a 30 feet range, or reduce power for closer, more secure operation.
* Individual unit ID's ensure you pair with the Kestrel you want, even when more than one system is operating in the same area.
* Permanently coded unique 4-digit Pin numbers provide extra security when pairing and transmitting data