|4000 Pocket Weather Tracker|
In 2000, we introduced the Kestrel 4000 Pocket Weather Tracker, and today it is still the most comprehensive pocket weather meter on the market. For just under 4 ounces, you get every environmental reading with the press of a single button. The 4000 is unparalleled in its ease of use and totally customizable navigation and data display. In addition to measuring the current conditions, it tracks and stores up to 2000 sets of data, and data can be uploaded to a PC with the optional Kestrel Interface.
Durable? You bet. The 4000 has been subjected to impact, water submersion and extreme temperature tests, and keeps on working. Kestrel 4000's have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and IRL pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel 4000 to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. Watch the Weather Channel during a hurricane, and you're sure to spot a Kestrel 4000 being wielded by an intrepid on-screen meteorologist.
Due to popular demand in a range of applications, the Kestrel 4000 is available in Gray, Olive Drab, and Safety Orange.
Available in the NV Configuration
Military personnel and pilots flying in darkness are often concerned with preserving their night vision. Due to overwhelming demand from our military customers, the Kestrel NV line was added in 2005.
The Kestrel 4000NV is available with an Olive Drab case or a Desert Tan case. The unit has a night-vision preserving backlight which helps users to sustain natural night vision. The NV's backlight incorporates an optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. Additionally, NV backlights are also much dimmer than a standard backlight, making it more difficult to detect with the naked eye in night operations. This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not red, and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.
It takes 30 to 45 minutes for the average eye to adapt to darkness and maximize night vision. Even a short burst of white, yellow, green or blue light "bleaches out" the rod cell photoreceptors in the eye and causes night blindness until the entire adaptation process can take place again. Light in the red spectrum does not cause this "bleaching out", preventing night blindness and night vision fatigue.
Kestrel Family Virtual Tour
Kestrel 4000 Measures
* Barometric pressure
* Pressure trend
* Relative Humidity
* Heat stress index
* Wet bulb temperature
* Density altitude
* Wind chill
* Air, water, and snow temperature
* Current wind speed
* Average wind speed
* Maximum wind gust
Kestrel 4000 Features
* Waterproof and floats
* Easy to read, backlit display
* Time and date
* Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
* Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
* Minimum, maximum, and average values
* Automatically store measurements, even when the unit is turned off
* Manually store measurements with the press of a button
* Customizable data storage - 4000 data points
* Graph and recall trends
* Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
* Data charting
* Data upload (with optional interface)
* Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
* User-replaceable impeller
* Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
* US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
* All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
* 5-year warranty
Kestrel 4000 Includes
* Soft carry pouch
* Neck lanyard
* Batteries - 2 AAA
* Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
Kestrel Weather Meters with integrated Bluetooth technology offer the ultimate in portable and accurate environmental data. A complete, hand-held weather station- measure and log numerous critical environmental conditions; wind speed, wind direction, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, altitude, density altitude, wet bulb, dewpoint and more.
Now, both real-time and logged data can be transferred wirelessly and automatically to a laptop or PDA, making a Kestrel 4000 series weather meter the perfect tool for virtually any job that requires quick and reliable weather data.
Bluetooth wireless technology is available throughout the entire Kestrel 4000 series, including specialty Kestrel units.
Break Boundaries with Kestrel Bluetooth.
Kestrel Pocket Weather Meters have specifically customized our Bluetooth integration to answer the unique needs of our customers:
* Streamline your work and reduce your equipment in the field - wireless data transmission eliminates the need for a separate interface and cabling.
* Every Bluetooth Kestrel will include custom communication software designed to quickly and easily configure your data transmission frequency, download logged data, graph data, and transfer data to other applications.
* Data transmission range adjustment allows you to maximize power to communicate with your Kestrel at up to a 30 feet range, or reduce power for closer, more secure operation.
* Individual unit ID's ensure you pair with the Kestrel you want, even when more than one system is operating in the same area.
* Permanently coded unique 4-digit Pin numbers provide extra security when pairing and transmitting data