|3500 Pocket Weather Meter|
Many Kestrel users need to know everything that the weather is doing, but don't need to log the data. We developed the Kestrel 3500 just for them. It provides comprehensive environmental data on nine different measurements with the simplicity of the Kestrel 1000. Simply turn it on and scroll left and right to see exactly what the environment is doing. When you're done, slip on the hard cover and your Kestrel 3500 Pocket Wind Meter is just about indestructible.
While the weather can dictate the comfort level of individuals working or playing outside, it plays an even bigger part in many professionals' jobs. Irrigation professionals use the Kestrel 3500 to ensure they are irrigating efficiently and the water they are dispersing is actually hitting their intended target, and not evaporating or blowing away. And on construction sites Kestrel users are preventing plastic shrinkage cracks and curing concrete more effectively with their Kestrel 3500.
Available in the NV Configuration
Military personnel and pilots flying in darkness are often concerned with preserving their night vision. Due to overwhelming demand from our military customers, the Kestrel NV line was added in 2005.
The Kestrel 3500NV has a night-vision preserving backlight which helps users to sustain natural night vision. The NV's backlight incorporates an optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. Additionally, NV backlights are also much dimmer than a standard backlight, making it more difficult to detect with the naked eye in night operations. This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not red, and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.
It takes 30 to 45 minutes for the average eye to adapt to darkness and maximize night vision. Even a short burst of white, yellow, green or blue light "bleaches out" the rod cell photoreceptors in the eye and causes night blindness until the entire adaptation process can take place again. Light in the red spectrum does not cause this "bleaching out", preventing night blindness and night vision fatigue.
Kestrel 3500 Measures
* Barometric pressure
* Pressure trend
* Relative humidity
* Heat stress index
* Wet bulb temperature
* Wind chill
* Air, water, and snow temperature
* Current wind speed
* Average wind speed
* Maximum wind gust
Kestrel 3500 Features
* Real-time clock
* Waterproof and floats
* Large easy-to-read display with backlight
* Data hold function
* High precision pressure sensor
* Quick response, external thermistor
* Forecast weather with pressure trend indicator
* Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
* Innovative, thermally adjusted humidity sensordesigned for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes
* Patented user-replaceable impeller
* Reliable, portable and easy to use
* Protective cover with sure-grip overmolding
* All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
* 5-year warranty
Kestrel 3500 Includes
* A slip-on protective cover
* Neck lanyard
* CR2032 coin cell battery (Average life 300 hours
* Kestrel Certificate of Conformity